We continue to ask readers to send comments and questions about planning, productivity and time management, to Jeff Doubek, Brand Spokesperson. Your response has been fantastic. Here is an answer to a user question that might be of interest.
I’m a salesman that travels and I’m looking for advice on the best planner to carry with me. I am torn between the FOLIO size and the DESK size. I want to be able to have everything I need, but want to cut down on the amount of things I carry when I travel.
Choosing a planner that fits your lifestyle is an important step. When you have a planner you’re more likely to use on a daily basis, it greatly increases your chances for time management success.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you decide which planner fits you best:
Where do you meet your clients?
• If you’re frequently touring warehouses or worksites you need the ability to write on the go – DESK
• If you meet and take notes at a conference table or desk then you can enjoy having a larger writing space – FOLIO
What types of information do you manage?
• Full pages of project or client-specific notes each day – FOLIO
• Order updates, random notes and ideas – DESK
Do you use sell sheets, order forms or other letter page-sized documents?
• Yes, I keep them in my planner – FOLIO
• No – DESK
What function of planning is most important to you?
• Mostly scheduling and keeping track of lots of weekly appointments – DESK
• Prioritizing a large list of daily tasks, goals and projects – FOLIO
These are just some suggestions to lead you in the right direction. If you have further thoughts or struggles with your choice, please feel free to email me.
Enjoy your time,